1. What are the reasons for your success in this profession?
2. What is your energy level like? Describe a typical day.
3. Why do you want to work here?
4. What kind of experience do you have for this job?
5. What are the broad responsibilities of a (e.g.) systems analyst?
6. Describe how your job relates to the overall goals of your department and company?
7. What aspects of your job do you consider most crucial?
8. Are you willing to go where the company sends you?
9. What did you like/dislike about your last job?
10. What is the least relevant job you have held?
11. What have you learned front the jobs you have held?
12. How do you feel about your progress to date?
13. Have you done the best work you are capable of doing?
14. How long would you stay with the company?
15. How long would it take you to make a contribution to our company?
16. What would you like to be doing five years from now?
17. What are your qualifications?
18. What are your biggest accomplishments?
19. How do you organize and plan for major projects?
20. How many hours a week do you find it necessary to work to get the job done?
21. Tell me how you moved up through the organization?
22. Can you work under pressure?
23. What is your greatest strength?
24. What are your outstanding qualities?
25. What interests you most about this job?
26. What are you looking for in your next job?
27. Why should I hire you?
28. What can you do for us that someone else cannot do?
29. Describe a difficult problem you have had to deal with ?
30. What would your references say?
31. Can we check your references?
32. What type of decisions did you make on your last job?
33. What was the last book you read? How did it effect you?
34. How do you handle tension?
35. How long have you been looking for another position?
36. Have you ever been fired?
37. Why were you fired?
38. Have you ever been asked to resign?
39. Were you ever dismissed from your job for a reason that seemed unjustified?
40. In your last job, what were some of the things you spent most of your time on, and why?
41. In what ways has your job prepared you take on greater responsibility?
42. In what ways has your job changed since you originally joined the company?
43. How does this job compare with others you have applied for?
44. What makes this job different from your current/last one?